DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR PRODUCT REVIEWS
The Federal Trade Commission requires that I disclose any relationship I have between a product manufacturer or service provider when I tell you about a product or service.
Here are the guidelines we follow at LeatherFacts:
- Most of the times, if we mention a product in a review, post, article, etc. it is to either provide you with the best information possible, or as a means of funding Leather Facts.
- While we may on occasion do paid review, part of our agreement with the company is that regardless of whether they pay or not, the review will be honest and sincere. All opinions are the opinion of the writer. Sometimes that is me (Dallin), and sometimes it is someone else. Interactions with the company are only considered when it is a company review, and then only non-monetary interactions are considered.
- I don’t pay for the items we review. They are sent to me from the owner/manufacturer for the intent of creating an honest review. Sometimes the manufacturer approaches me, sometimes I approach them. Regardless, I only give them positive reviews if they are quality products.
- I don’t return the products after I review them. Sometimes it is because they have been customized, used, or made otherwise unable to be sold. Sometimes it is just because it is a hassle and I don’t want to deal with shipping. The costs to ship small items that we often review would just be too high.
- If I create a link to a product in a review, sometimes I may get paid a commission if you purchase the product. I do not let that affect the nature of the review, and I instruct my writers to do the same.
- If you click a link from an article and it takes you to the seller of that product, there are decent odds I will get a small commission if you purchase it. This is just to keep up with the time and money it takes to run this website. You are charged no extra money for it, and are under no pressure or obligation to buy.
- If I haven’t been clear enough: It is our policy that no affiliate relationship, paid post, sample product, or any other incentive Leather Facts may receive will impact the quality of review given. Reviews are 100% the opinion of the author.